Order online at greneway.schoolyardonline.co.uk
Schoolyard Ltd, Units 1&2, RO24 Jarman Way, Royston, SG8 5FE
Tel: 0800 132988
They welcome parents who wish their child/ren to try on the uniform at their Jarman Way facility before ordering on-line.
Uniform can also be purchased from
North Herts Schoolwear, 19 Eastcheap, Letchworth, SG6 3DA
Tel: 01462 680011 www.northhertsschoolwear.co.uk
Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday: 9am - 5:30pm.
- White shirt (standard top buttoning or tailored, revere-necked)
- Greneway School tie (not required with revere-necked shirt)
- Bottle green V-necked sweatshirt with school motif
- Plain grey skirt, a divided grey skirt or plain grey trousers (not multi-grey, coloured or black and not cords/jeans/skinny and not branded i.e Miss Sexy)
- In the summer pupils may wear plain, dark grey tailored knee length shorts or a green and white school uniform dress if they choose
- Grey, white, or black socks; neutral colour, black or grey tights
- Black shoes (either lace-up, Velcro, zip or buckle fastening).
- Heels to be no higher than 1-2 cm
- Boots and trainers are not allowed
- Coats should be suitable for all weather conditions and not extreme fashion items
PE & Sportswear
- Plain white T-shirt,
- Plain black shorts,
- Long red socks
- Red/black reversible rugby shirt and/or post-box red sweatshirt with school motif
- Plain black tracksuit/jogging trousers (optional) – no contrasting piping, stitching or logos
- Training shoes/plimsolls
- Football boots
Outdoor summer activities and indoor work:
- Plain white T-shirt
- Plain black shorts (not cycling shorts)
- White socks
- Training shoes/plimsolls
- Swimming costume/trunks (not LONG shorts)
- A waterproof bag for wet/dirty kit/towel
- Change of underwear
Towel and soap for showers will be needed for all activities
Watches are the only form of jewellery permitted.
Parents and Carers are requested to arrange for children who wish to have their ears pierced during the school year to have this done at the beginning of the summer holiday so that the pierced hole will heal during the holiday period and the earring(s) can be removed before the child returns to school in September.
We do not allow pupils to wear earrings at any time, including when they have recently had their ears pierced. No other body piercings are allowed.
We operate this rule to protect the health and safety of our pupils.
Haircuts should look smart and not follow extreme fashion trends which draw unnecessary attention to the pupil. The wearing of hair braids or beads is not allowed on health and safety grounds. Long hair should be tied back with uniform coloured hairbands.
Children should not wear make-up or nail varnish in school.
ALL BELONGINGS MUST BE NAMED IN FULL
We take a pride in our uniform and expect pupils to look smartly dressed in full school uniform.
You must try to keep this neat and tidy.
The uniform helps you feel that you belong to Greneway and you don’t have to spend time worrying about what to wear in the mornings!
You must wear your full school uniform on the way to and from school.
Requests for alterations in uniform to meet individual religious, cultural or special needs will be given careful consideration.
Should you have any queries regarding the school uniform or any aspect of this guidance please contact the school office on 01763 243 650.
Parents / Carers experiencing financial difficulties in equipping their child with the correct uniform should contact the School.