As well as earning points for good work and behaviour we will also be running house competitions and points will be awarded for a houses finishing position in each competition. It is our aim to have at least one competition each term including for example chess, cooking or general knowledge.
Our hope is that this new organisation system will bring about increased participation in a wider range of activities and desire to achieve through a friendly rivalry between houses. You will also get the chance to work with and compete against pupils from other year groups as well.
Pupils will be given a house on their first day and stay in that house for the four years whilst at The Greneway School. Members of staff will also be allocated a house and they will work with the pupils in celebrating successes and organising events.
Our hope is that as a result of the house system, you will get:
- Increased aspirations through academic competition.
- More involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Quality pastoral care in a family atmosphere.
- The chance to be mentored and to mentor others.
- A distinct set of values and characteristics from their house which will help them to form strong personal values.
- A stronger voice in decision-making across the school.